Join Our Team!
At Westridge, we are committed to employ a team of passionate, high qualified professionals who are dedicated to excellence. Our motto “Building with Teamwork” is a true testament of who Westridge is. Our ability and commitment to work cooperatively with others together achieving a common goal is the foundation of successful construction projects. Established in 1989 in Regina, Westridge has become a well-known and respected construction company with a diverse range of experience. Since 2003, SaskBusiness magazine has annually named Westridge in their list of “Top 100 Companies in Saskatchewan.” Our corporate commitment is to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all our employees, subcontractors and clients.
Westridge is seeking an Estimator who will be responsible for preparing estimates for all types of construction projects (including commercial, civil and industrial), analyzing costs, and assessing cost effectiveness of products, subcontractors or services. The key role is to successfully prepare estimates to win competitive bids and to prepare accurate budgets to support the project team on a construction management project.
- Assemble accurate and well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management projects
- Analyze drawings and specifications
- Understand contractual terms and conditions
- Provide clear, detailed quantity take-offs
- Evaluate & organize sub-contractors quotations to ensure quotes meet contract documents
- Complete budgeting and scheduling for projects and track same
- Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients
- Identify cost saving opportunities
- Complete post bid reviews and track bid performance and success
- Secure current labour, material and equipment costs
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Engineering/Construction or related field
- 3+ years of previous estimating experience
- Good communication, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of all facets of construction
- Estimating software knowledge would be an asset
- Ability to prepare budgets for projects with limited information would be considered an asset
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package (100% employer paid) including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan
- Vehicle allowance
Applicant must be able to read and write English and be legally available to work full time in Canada.