Building with Teamwork
At Westridge, we are committed to employ a team of passionate, highly qualified professionals who are dedicated to excellence. Our motto “Building with Teamwork” is a true testament of who Westridge is. Our ability and commitment to work cooperatively with others towards achieving a common goal is the foundation of our successful construction projects. Established in 1989 in Regina, Westridge has become a well-known and respected construction company with a diverse range of experience. Since 2003, SaskBusiness magazine has annually named Westridge in their list of “Top 100 Companies in Saskatchewan.” Our corporate commitment is to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all of our employees, subcontractors and clients.
This is a full time position within Westridge Construction that reports directly to the Field Operations Manager.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinate and participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of health and safety programs, standards, practices, procedures and guidelines in a cost effective manner.
- Lead and participate in safety meetings, audits, hazard assessments and site inspections.
- Develop and instruct safety training sessions on corporate safety standards, procedures and guidelines and facilitate training from external providers.
- Review and evaluate new and changing provincial regulations/legislation and their impact on the Company.
- Lead incident investigations and follow-up activities.
- Maintain safety & training records, incident database, perform statistical analysis, and prepare corporate reports.
- Plan and assist in the development, execution and maintenance of site specific Health and Safety Plans.
- Manage W.C.B. claims.
- Develop and monitor “Return to Work” programs for injured workers.
- Participate in the development of an effective preventative maintenance program for company owned equipment.
- Foster a “Safety First” attitude/culture with crews on site.
- Approximately 60% of time is on site, and 40% in office
- Manage ISNet program.
- Assist with Corporate proposal writing from a safety perspective.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- C.S.O. Certified (preferably NCSO certified)
- A positive “Safety First” attitude
- Previous experience in construction safety
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in development and implementing health and safety programs
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, ISNet World, Certificate of Recognition (COR) program
- Experience in conducting training sessions
- Self starter and self motivated
- Ability to work closely with project manager and superintendent
- Salary based on experience/qualifications
- Work vehicle supplied
- Company matched pension
- Full benefits package